Thursday 14 November 2013

Leaf mould

Every Autumn I watch on Gardeners World as they extoll the virtues of making leaf mould.   For several years I had access to the most sublime and inexhaustible supply of  leaf mould.  We could date the age of it through the layers by identifying the year according to crisp packet design!

When we first set up the allotment I penciled in the leaf mould pen in my initial drawing and it so it was constructed.  All summer it has sat there empty, patiently waiting for the seasons to change.

Finally the leaves started to fall and I was out the front of house picking up pile after pile of leaves. (The advantage of living in a garden city is the plentiful supply of trees outside my house.)

The bin is now full and I wait for the leaves to their magical stuff in decomposition.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home