Sunday 10 November 2013

Musings on Photography

During the week I spent three days up in Barnsley assessing for photographic work.   In a previous part of my life I was a photographer and then a photography teacher.  Looking back I realise that for over half my life photography has been a fundamental part of who I am and what I know about.  However since leaving full time teaching two years ago, photography has become more and more on the periphery of my life.  My involvement has dwindled to a handful of distance learning students and taking many (and mainly dodgy) photos on my phone.

The last week was spent intensively looking at student work, and then in the evening spent even more intensively talking about photography.  It was refreshing to find that my knowledge was still there.  I found myself remembering critical theory sources that I had read 20 years ago and terminology that I hadn't used for many years started to pour forth.   It has made me pull out some favourite articles since I have been back and re read them.  A desire to start writing again is within me and the one thing I can write about is photography.  So what am I trying to say, from time to time this blog may see some jumping around as I track the progress of garden and allotment (its original aim) to where I start to exercise my thoughts on photography.  


1 Comments:

At 10 November 2013 at 13:20 , Blogger Rhiannon said...

It's funny how life changes and you think something has gone only for it to emerge again, I look forward to reading what you write.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home