Wednesday 15 May 2013

2013 - a new beginning

A new year, a new beginning.  I gave myself a deadline of end of March to get something planted or give up the plot.


So in early one March I made a decision to get started.  I committed myself on the Saturday afternoon and bought 6 bags of manure (knew I needed much much more).  With a car full of manure there was now only one option - go and dig it in!!

On the Sunday I left the family to their own devices, made a flask of coffee and loaded my tools into the car.

And I started to dig .... not looking at how much there was to do but rather how much I had done.  Clearing the couch as I went.  The soil was heavy clay, so progress was slow but I kept at it.

At some point the family visited with lunch to keep me going and so I kept digging.  Getting the bags of manure from the car on a sack barrow and pulling along the path.

After six hours I had turned this (or a patch that looked like this - I forgot to take the before photo!):

Into this:


We have started ......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home